Okay, here's another of my new favorite recipies.
Spicy Beef Noodles
2 Pkg. Soba Noodles (the ones from the refrigerated section)(comes with 3 packs)
2 C. Beef broth
1 Tomato, diced
2 C. Fresh spinach
1 tsp. of Hotsauce
2 Tbsp. Soy sauce (salty not sweet)
Garlic salt, to taste
Onion salt, to taste
Heloise's no salt seasoning, to taste
Ginger, to taste
2 Tbsp. Olive oil
In a bowl combine beef broth, hotsauce, soy sauce, garlic salt, onion salt, garlic and seasoning.
Set aside.
In a wok or large pan (I use an oversized skillet) combine olive oil, spinach and tomato
Saute until the spinach shrivels down
Add contents of the bowl, simmer just enough to heat the liquid
Add Soba noodles and heat long enough to warm the noodles and allow them to expand a bit
maybe 4-5 minutes.
Makes two portions.
If you're me you add a smidge more hot sauce on the way to the table.
This recipe is a nice light snack. Next time I am going to add some cooked chicken to make a more substantial meal of it. You could also add cooked strips of beef. I am also adding some fresh garlic next time.
It's not quite Mongolian barbeque, but I'll get there one day.
Spicy Beef Noodles
2 Pkg. Soba Noodles (the ones from the refrigerated section)(comes with 3 packs)
2 C. Beef broth
1 Tomato, diced
2 C. Fresh spinach
1 tsp. of Hotsauce
2 Tbsp. Soy sauce (salty not sweet)
Garlic salt, to taste
Onion salt, to taste
Heloise's no salt seasoning, to taste
Ginger, to taste
2 Tbsp. Olive oil
In a bowl combine beef broth, hotsauce, soy sauce, garlic salt, onion salt, garlic and seasoning.
Set aside.
In a wok or large pan (I use an oversized skillet) combine olive oil, spinach and tomato
Saute until the spinach shrivels down
Add contents of the bowl, simmer just enough to heat the liquid
Add Soba noodles and heat long enough to warm the noodles and allow them to expand a bit
maybe 4-5 minutes.
Makes two portions.
If you're me you add a smidge more hot sauce on the way to the table.
This recipe is a nice light snack. Next time I am going to add some cooked chicken to make a more substantial meal of it. You could also add cooked strips of beef. I am also adding some fresh garlic next time.
It's not quite Mongolian barbeque, but I'll get there one day.

Post a Comment